The Best Countertops for A Busy KitchenKathy
Just as the kitchen is the heart of your home, the countertop is the heart of your kitchen.
The Kitchen: The Heart of Your Home
The kitchen. That space where everyone gathers. Where conversations take place. Where people laugh. Where games are played. Where homework is done. Most frequently, it is where we cook and share meals. Meals after long days. Meals for special occasions. Meals for holidays. The kitchen really is the heart of your home.
Just as the kitchen is the heart of your home, the countertop is the heart of your kitchen. No, not the stove – the countertop. It is the visual centerpiece. It is where the prep is done for all the cooking. All the meals. Of the many elements in
the kitchen, it is subject to the most activity. The most wear and tear. The most moisture. The most of – well, everything.
So, what are the best countertops for a busy kitchen?
What To Consider
There are several factors to consider when selecting the best countertop for your busy kitchen. Among the most important are:
• Ease of cleaning.
• Appearance; and
The Best Granite.
• Granite is among the most durable material for countertops. It is scratch-resistant, crack-resistant, temperature-resistant, and easy to clean. It does need to be sealed or it will absorb liquids that can cause it to stain or etch over time.
• Each slab of granite is different. It comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns allowing you to create a look that is unique to you and your kitchen – truly one of a kind.
• Marble is also very durable, but a bit softer than granite. As such, it should be regularly sealed to maintain its stain resistance, as well as protected from cutting knives and hot pots. The use of cutting boards and temperature-resistant trivets will help to guard the surface.
• Like granite, each piece of marble is unique and comes in numerous patterns and veins – again, allowing you to create a customized look.
• Quartz is an engineered stone rather than a natural stone and is an extremely durable material. It is nonporous, making it completely resistant to stains and scratches. It is also heat resistant, very low maintenance, and does not require regular sealants.
• Quartz comes in many colors and designs and can be customized to any shape and size.
• For over 20 years, Distinctive Marble & Granite has been an award-winning leader in custom countertop design, fabrication, and installation.
You will have access to the finest granite, marble, and quartz products from around the world. We supply almost every color you can imagine. If we do not, we can order it and fabricate it for you. And with the most precise equipment in the industry, our installers will ensure a perfect fit.
To learn more and arrange for a free estimate, we invite you to call us at 614-760-0003.
We look forward to serving you!